Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer, Part 2: This Time It's Not Summer Part 1

Like Ebeneezer Scrooge of old, I feel like I've been given another chance. Second Summer will be just as good, and better, than the first half was. I've finally finished my academic experiment: taking an entire semester's worth of class - two classes, actually - in two weeks time. Monday through Friday, I was at basically at school from 8 AM until 5 PM.


That's a lot of sitting time.


Not that I don't sit when I work every day. But the biggest difference is that when you work, you leave and you're done. When you leave school, you take it home, and you cannot escape it.


I suppose I learned, and I liked going to class for social aspects, and now I'm six credits closer to graduating. And the best part is, it's the last day of school all over again. Summer is reborn!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love rebirths.

Isn't it the downfall of being an educator that you always are doing teaching stuff off the clock? Doesn't stop just cause your not a student.

we should switch professional decisions. is it too late?