Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Look, New Look

This weekend, thanks to skilled professionals, both my blog and I got a fresh new look. My good friend Ali offered her services as design consultant and brilliant web enthusiast to redesign the look of my blog. (Don't you just love daisies? They're really the happiest flower.) And my new friend at a sweet hair salon helped me color and cut my hair! Not to subtly endorse Obama or anything, but sometimes it is time for a change.


After church I went on a drive up Millcreek Canyon with the parental units, to take some pictures of the fading, but still very pretty, fall foliage. Take a look!



I came across a magical leaf that glowed bright red.


But then my father took a cooler picture with Mom and me all fuzzy-like in the background. Dad: 1, Beckie: 0.


Yay for fall in Utah!


And now for something completely different... what is it with 80's movies and boys on bicycles??? I just watched the classic Christian warm-fuzzy "Feature Films for Families" movie The Buttercream Gang. And the many idyllic summer-afternoon boys-on-bicycles scenes suddenly made me think: hey, The Goonies! Karate Kid! E.T.!! Kids nowadays don't ride bikes anymore...will they even understand the references to such carefree times? I guess mostly I was thinking about this because I also spent 88 minutes of my life this weekend watching Hot Rod. Yeah, there was a lot of bike riding in that one. But, it is a lot newer than those others, if not much better. With all the punch-dancing and hair-band rock music, it treads mainly in nostalgia territory. Man, that totally shatters my universe.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice looking blog! I miss fall leaves so much! Those are some pretty pictures.
--Rachel Tate Hoggan

Alan said...

Your pictures make me miss the mountains sooo much. Thanks for sharing a taste of fall for those who don't get one.

Also, I like your haircut :)